Monday, June 30, 2008

Yup, I suck

After hammering on and on about not getting to ride since last Sunday, I passed the opportunity this morning to ride in. So, I officially suck! I couldn't drag my sorry butt out of bed with enough time and enthusiasm to strap on some spandex and push the pedals. About the only excuse I can give is that I stayed up too damn late working. Oh ya, not only mornings on Sunday, but nights too... There's something wrong with this picture. What's more wrong is that I wasn't the only person in the office yesterday. A total of 3 of us were actually in working on a Sunday and at least one had been in there Saturday as well. Since all of us our salaried employees, I just see something wrong with that picture. OK, enough bitching about work for this post.

Now that I'm famous, I expect I'll soon be swarming in offers of free equipment, products to promote, and enough shwag to live in the lap of luxury. In case you missed it, I was on the Kim West Radio Cycling Show yesterday. If you're in need of a fix you can click here for the podcast and download episode 11. If it doesn't change your life, I offer a full refund of the purchase price!

Actually, it was a lot of fun hanging out in the studio even though I think I got about 1 minute of total air time and probably sounded mostly like a douche. Ah well, we can't all be great right out of the box. Really though, I wish we had more time to discuss the ins and outs of kids riding bikes and the steps necessary to teach them proper respect for cars and how to ride alert. The whole point I was trying to make when I proposed the topic to Kim was how and where do we teach our kids to ride? We want them to be safe and out of harm's way, but at the same time they need to learn that bikes can and should be ridden safely in the streets. Actually, I've got a whole idea on this topic that I'll cover in it's own separate post.

No comments: