Monday, June 02, 2008

What a weekend

Don't you hate it when things like work get in the way of recapping something that's way more awesome? That's been my day in a nutshell. However, the bright spot that was this weekend definitely helps to ease the pain of getting back to the work week.

Friday night kicked off the festivities with some good family time. We ate a quick and early dinner and beat feet over to a special event at the zoo. They were having an after hours event for season pass holders. Corley loves the zoo and with my schedule, I really haven't taken the time to go with her to the zoo. She was bouncing everywhere like a typical 2 year old, but loving every second of it. The culmination was seeing the unveiling of the travelling elephant exhibit. The show area was packed, but it was well worth it. We spent a little more time doing some activities and listening to the music before it was time to head home for a snack and bedtime.

Saturday I was up before the crack of dawn to meet up with the DM Cycle Club for the annual ride out to watch the dam to dam runners. We had a nice group of people show up for it being 5:30 in the morning. I even experienced my first bout of fame... LOL, I actually met two separate people that read my blog. It was nice meeting both you guys. The ride out was nice as I kept a good steady pace without breaking too much of a sweat. Once we hit the top of the dam it was about a half hour wait for the start of the race. I met some new people and talked with a few others I knew.

The runners made their way by as we cheered and clapped. Cyclists clapping for you is a funny thing. Since the majority of us all had gloves on it was pretty muffled! After the runners had gone by a group of the Rassy guys that had been at the other end of the dam showed up along with Kelly from PRC. We headed back towards town at warp speed. I flew along trying to hang on to the back of the train running 25+ MPH for the majority of the trip downtown. I finally fell off just before the Euclid bridge, but they waited up at Birdland Marina so we caught back up and then rolled downtown to watch the finish. Man the lead runners were flying! A little coffee break and then I headed home as Miranda strained something in her back and needed all the help she could get with Corley. 40+ miles and I was still home before 10 including time spent languishing at the coffee shop. A good start to the weekend! The rest of Saturday was spent hanging around the house for the most part as Miranda's back was giving her fits.

Sunday morning we woke up with some home made chocolate chip pancakes. Corley was all about that and ended up wearing a good portion of the chocolate on her face! With the threat of rain all week I had to mow the yard lest I have to convert it to pasture by the time the rain lets up. For some reason we also decided it was time to spring clean and rearrange little one's room. She now has her very own toddler bed which is going good so far. By then it was nap time.

Sunday afternoon is what weekends should be made of. After she was up from her nap, Corley and I loaded the bike and trailer to meet up with Squirrel and Kent for a trailer road train to the local parks. I'm sure we made quite the site making our way along the bike trail. 3 guys with 3 trailers all hauling 2 year old girls. Needless to say, a great time was had by all. After sampling 2 different parks it was time to head back for some grub and refreshments. Hopefully this is the start to a great way to spend an afternoon. Miranda met up with us to share in the festivities and we spent the evening enjoying the conversation and laughing at the antics of a couple little girls. Awesome.

Just chillin'

Best paceline I've seen in awhile

We were swingin...

When you've got the bubbles and you rule the world

No comments: