Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'd lose my head if it weren't connected



Notice anything missing from this picture? It's pretty obvious when you look at it that there's no bike in my bike rack. Unfortunately, that wasn't quote so obvious until I was most of the way to work this morning. This just means I'll be headed home to grab the bike over lunch or after work so I can hit TNWC tonight. I'm sure it will be a long ride tonight with my riding taking a back seat the past couple of weeks. Hopefully I can pick up another straggler or two to ride with and at least make the time out a bit more enjoyable.

Last night was spent fortifying the domicile with a new deadbolt and picking out privacy fencing for the area between the house and garage. Hopefully this weekend will be dry enough that I can get a few hours of work put in on making things more secure around our place. I'm still a bit mixed on the idea of putting in a motion light on our garage though. If I mount it out front it will guard the cars and driveway, but offer no coverage for the area between the garage and house. The other issue is that whenever we head to the hot tub, we'll be guaranteed of setting it off. I'm no prude by any means, but I don't necessarily think being illuminated by a million candlepower spot light as I try to sneak into the hot tub while wearing a fuzzy white bathrobe is in the best interest of my dignity (or the neighbors retinas for that matter).

I am looking forward to the ride tonight. I haven't really had a chance to push myself on a hard ride for a while. I am a bit worried about my legs though as my shins are aching for some reason. As near as I can figure, I stressed my shins by sprinting to my truck during the downpour at the tri on Sunday morning. Amazing that my body is falling apart so quickly... I've never been much of a runner, but dang this sucks. Maybe I should look into a little jogging as a good cross training exercise. Hell, who am I kidding, I barely take/have the time to train on a bike, let alone do any weights or other training.

No comments: