Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ever get lost?

I don't mean in the literal where the fuck am I sense, I mean more of a lost in the moment, can't stop doing something, where did I lose several hours of time sense. It happened to me yesterday. We had lunch served to the company and after spending 30 minutes eating, I had another 30 to kill by doing some surfing. I ran over to check on one of my new favorite blogsDad gone mad and since he's out of town this week, he has a bunch of guest bloggers doing his leg work.

One of his guests is this gal. With a name like boobs, injuries, and dr. pepper, I couldn't resist running over there to check it out. There was also mention that she had recently starting writing about a suicide attempt which piqued a morbid curiosity. If you scroll down and click her link to the "crazy chronicles" you can read them from the start. This is where I lost myself. I'm a sucker for an intriguing story line and this was definitely a gut wrencher.

A couple hours later I raised my head up after making it through about 2/3's of her posts. I had a few things to finish up at work and then it was right back to where I left off. I'm not sure why I was so sucked in, but the story she weaves is amazing, frightening, sad, and inspirational all at once. The worst thing is, I don't think it's probably too unique of a story as you cross this great country of ours. I'm sure there are numerous people with slightly different versions of the same story.

I let my emotions drain out as I read what had transpired through her life. It was like someone just sucked all the fire, wind, and life right out of me. I felt drained. Luckily, by that time it was time to head off home and put those words into the back of my head. After things quieted down for the night I pulled the site back up to finish what I'd started. I'm still not quite certain why I couldn't pull back, but wow. I don't know if it inspired me or made me thankful for the things I have going for me, but it definitely made me question what kind of crappy people inhabit this world with us.

There you have it. A twofer, but probably not what you were wanting.

No comments: