Friday, July 11, 2008

Apparently I don't get it

Just fucking shoot me all ready. I'm working my butt off to try and get this project at work off the ground. We have materials being blasted through the shop to make it to site in time for an owner's review. I had to swear on my mother (sorry mom) that we'd have all the samples on site today. I ran my ass off for the past week and a half to make certain that all the strings were pulled and the show went off without a hitch. Our truck left at 8 this morning peacefully loaded with all the materials.

I got an email a little bit ago with a brand new detail of an area that we just sent up material for. Apparently the designer has been holding out on getting a new design approved by the owner and decided now was the time to unleash his grand plan. This is after we spent a good amount of time reviewing the drawings including a conference call to make sure we were all on the same page about what was needed and the urgency.

I know it's the owner's perogative to have things the way they want them. Hell, they're paying for it. But when you throw another voice in the mix that doesn't seem to understand the correlation between time and money and how it can really piss people off when you blatantly waste their time, it adds a whole new level of crazy to wrap your head around. I just don't get it.

No comments: