Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I call bullshit

Wow, that was a completely and wholly unsatisfying experience. I'm in desparate need of some new boots this winter. Literally, my current boots are disintegrating as I wear them. The hard rubberized sole has completely pealed off the cushion foam layer underneath that it's not made to be walked on. So, every time I have to go out and snowblow or do something similar, the boots go on and I return with a little less soul (or is that sole)?!

I headed up to Sportsman's warehouse in Ankeny over my lunch. Considering they're about tied with Scheel's for having the biggest hunting gear selection in the metro, I figured it would be a safe bet they'd have not only some boots, but probably some decent closeout pricing. Wow, I'd have lost that bet. The salesman straight up told me that they had VERY few boots left in the sizes I was looking for. I'm not exactly Sasquatch at size 11-12, but too have about 4 total styles (of 40+ on the display wall) of my size is a pretty piss poor way to control inventory in my book. He said they got picked over pretty good during the holidays, but really couldn't give me a good reason as to why they didn't have any new stock.

Guess I'm off to the mart of wal, Scheel's, or some other place now to see what I can find. I don't need top of the line, but I wear them often enough in the winter that I'd like a good mid-range pair that's going to last me for a while and I don't see myself finding that type of boot at the majority of the big box stores.

2 comments:

Brian said...

G and L Clothing, Bro. Great store.

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.