Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The scooter diet

I've found an unexpected bonus while riding my scooter on a regular basis. I've actually been able to ride quite a bit in the past 2 weeks which has been nice. I'm over 500 miles in the month since I bought it.

The unexpected bonus is that about 75% of the drive-thru order sensors apparently don't pick up enough of my bike to trip the alert. So, I set at the order sign yelling at the speaker like a moron. Apparently those things are only turned on when the buzzer goes off inside and I haven't had one come on yet, but I still retain hope! In any case, for the most part, I just drive off in disgust and figure I'll get my meal elsewhere which means at home or eating the food I actually brought to work. As it's mostly more nutritious and less fatty than the drive-thru stuff, I'm eating a bit healthier. See, double bonus. Try the scooter diet.

No comments: