Friday, February 13, 2009

Creeping in

Winter, the greyness, SAD, the blahs, whatever it is you like to call it; it's creeping its way into my head and heart. Those cold steely fingers are starting to grasp at my willingness to get out of bed in the morning or do more than lie in wait for bedtime on the couch at night. My work day is filled with the work of avoiding work and then stressing about the work that I've successfully put off. It's that time of year. The time when winter has pretty much kicked my ass and I'm ready for some sun, fun, and frivolity.

I'm supposed to be working, I'm supposed to be training, I'm supposed to be getting things done around the house, I'm supposed to be happy. Yeah, all them things I'm supposed to be just ain't really happening right now. I need some sort of kick in the ass to get things jump started again. I thought the huge weather shift from last week and hours in the saddle would get my heart pumping and motivation rolling for the upcoming season, but the joy was pretty much limited to while I was on the saddle with no real carryover.

I've been looking at a lot of things lately and viewing all the stuff in my basket. A lot of it is there by choice and is cluttering things up. I think its well past time to start weeding it the lesser important things out of there and sharpen my focus. A few things I see needing to get gone would be- an engine project for a guy that has lasted a few years now, my play car needs to get running and probably sold, finish out the last 10% of our basement remodel, and do a major sort and purge of stuff we have stored both at the house and our storage unit. I think getting a few of these items and many more small details crossed off my list will help change things out and freshen life back up a bit to help focus.

I hope this Friday the 13th turns out to be more Friday than the 13th for you!

3 comments:

Iowagriz said...

Finish the loose ends of the little projects and the wave washing over you will be much smaller.

Unknown said...

it will all come around....

Maverick said...

One day at a time. In the insurance world I always say one policy at time.