Monday, September 15, 2008

Down with the sickness

Can you catch a cold from the internets? I'm under the distinct impression it's a complete possibility. As such, I'm blaming my cold on this guy. He posted about being sick just over a week ago. I knew I shouldn't have read his blog, but I was compelled to. Of course, then I made it even worse by texting him to find out if he'd be at the Ales and Trails party this weekend. In retrospect, that was probably the final straw as sure enough, on my way home from Dubuque Thursday, I felt all the tell tale signs of disease coursing through my body.

Of course, this is all my conspiracy theory, but in reality, I'm guessing it's natures way of kicking my ass while I'm down... It was bound to happen sooner or later. A sudden shift in seasonal temps, long days sitting in an office surrounded by others with various germs, and not enough exercise are pretty prime recipes for catching a cold. I've tried hard to fend it off with a mix of over the counter remedies and herbal medecines. I switched it pretty quickly from a sinus based cold down into my chest, but that's about it thus far. At least I'm not really getting hammered at the moment, but its plenty to be annoying.

Big surprise, my weekend consisted of mostly work. I passed on hitting CITA's party at Whiterock this weekend in favor of working and recouping as much as possible. The pictures show a pretty good time, but I don't think I really saw any biking other than on hardpack. At least I didn't miss some sweet trail riding as I'd probably be kicking myself harder if that were the case. Sunday was down time hanging with Corley. She took a great nap and that let me watch some NASCAR which is finally back on broadcast TV plus snooze a bit myself.

1 comment:

Brian said...

My bad.

If it makes you feel any better, I got ten times worse Friday night. I'll spare you the gory details by just saying I had "flu-like symptoms" HARDCORE.

I'm still pretty layed up today.

Bleck