Thursday, April 02, 2009

Musings

The shop was packed with Wednesday night riders last night. The PRC Papa Johns Ride was kicking off for the year and though there was no official announcement, the taco ride kicked off as well for us dirt lovers. A few of us met up for some dirt lovin good times.




The trails were in conditions that were nearly unbelievable. They were dry yet tacky and perfect for riding. The only thing that possibly could have made it better was if they'd been ridden a little more to clear the line of some debris, but I don't think we could've asked for any more.

I let my arm get twisted to hang with the guys and hit tacos when I really should have hit another lap through Denman's on the return route. I even considered joining Courtney for an additional lap with lights, but by the time I rolled out of Gif's all fat and happy, it was too late and I needed to head for home.

As for the musings, something struck me last night and carried over through this morning. It had been a week since I'd been on the bike. A busy week at that with lots of stuff going on both at work and home. That's life. That's how it happens. In the past few days, I've really been pretty blah and beat down feeling. Even before I got on my bike last night, I was all ready calmer and in a better mood than I'd been in almost a week. Getting on the bike only cemented the feeling into place. Chasing Squirrel around and blowing the cobwebs out just drilled it into my head. I NEED to bike, I want to bike. And getting out on my bike makes me want to get out on my bike even more. It's a self perpetuating cycle (haha) so to speak.

I think it's starting to become more clear to me. If I want peace of mind, sanity, focus, and clarity, I need that time on the saddle. Now I just need to figure out better ways to work my biking into life and vice versa.

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

Well, said. Why we bike. I copied your thoughts on my blog. :-)