Monday, October 06, 2008

Hooky

Friday I played hooky for the first time in a while. It was just way too nice outside to be bothered with trivial things like work. Actually, I did work and only played hooky for a couple hours in the middle of the day. Miranda, Corley, and my mom were heading down to Howell's Tree Farm just west of Cumming to pick out some pumpkins and have a good time. I thought that sounded like a blast so unbeknownst to them, I decided to meet up.

Well, no good deed goes unpunished so I showed up at 10 and didn't know they had changed their plans the night before to meet at 10:30. Of course, with my wife's timing, that actually meant 10:45. So, I sat around and waited for almost 45 minutes. However, the day was beautiful, fall was in the air, and the sun was shining, so it wasn't exactly torturous.

We headed off to the kids play area first thing. There were tons of things to do for the kids:
A log to do balance beam routines


A big slide to go down


Plus they had a bunch of sings, a maze, teeter totter (I hadn't been on one in years), and a sand box filled with corn. Corley played to her hearts content and we were all pretty happy with the day.



We finally headed off in search of our pumpkins and picked out 3 in various sizes to take back home with us.



We headed back to town for lunch and I was still back in the office just after 1. What a great way to kill off a few hours in the middle of the day! Apparently I wasn't the only one thinking that as I actually ran into another guy from my office who'd taken the full day off. It also helped to temper Miranda's response a bit to me planning on hitting the Quarter Rage on Friday night.

No comments: