Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No weekend riding

I had every intention of riding this weekend... No, really, I did. I couldn't really find anyone crazy enough to get out in the negative temperatures with me this weekend. At least I ended up slightly productive by cleaning our office and starting to get ready for tax season.

I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to taxes. We've filed for extensions the last 2 years in a row. It's not that I'm trying to put off paying as I don't think we've ever had to pay, it's just that with running a couple small side businesses, I have a ton of extra paperwork to get filed and for anyone that knows me, I don't tend to keep up on organizing them through the year. I do just fine on keeping all of my receipts together and being able to find pretty much everything once I get to doing it, but there are literally hours of sorting involved that I dread!

Saturday, I finally got out to the garage for the first time this year and the first time in quite a while actually. I have my own car/engine project to finish and one for a customer that has been dragging on for almost 3 years waiting for payments and such. It's finally paid in full and about 90% of the parts are here for that project so it was time to figure out what was left to order for both the projects and see how that impacted my fun budget. As it turns out, I had quite a few of the bolts, seals, and misc parts all ready bought for the customer's project so I just need to finish out my build list of parts and get it going. The nice thing about my garage, even though it's a bit packed with material since my enclosed trailer is doing storage duty for my parents, is that I have it heated with a pretty kick ass 90,000 BTU radiant heater that runs on propane. Even with the outside temps completely negative it was 60ish in the garage! As I shut everything down for the night I noted a few places where frost was actually building up from the cold air outside coming in through gaps and hitting the warm moist air in the garage. It's pretty wild to see steam coming into the garage.

Sunday was a bit more of the same household stuff with the exception that we got a few hours kid free in the afternoon thanks to Grandma! It was a nice change of pace to be kid free since little one has been sick this past week and extra clingy/whiny. I'm sure any of you parents (or spouses) probably know that whine and cry they get when they're sick. Definitely a nerve wracker! So, with her out of the house we got some productivity in the office and the bedroom ;)

No comments: